What is the Best Wireless Routers 2017 today and how do you choose the best one according to your needs? Since the introduction of broadband Internet services Cable many people looking for network devices that form a wireless router or wifi router to be paired with the supplied Cable modem or leased by the service provider Cable. For consumers of cable broadband, choose the best wireless router is not easy.
Sometimes what we call the best may not necessarily be the best according to our needs. Moreover, targeting the best electronic devices such as targeting the object that is being run. Every few months a new product appears with all the sophistication offered by the manufacturer exceeded the previous product – at least that what is claimed by the manufacturer. With the introduction of the fifth generation wifi technology which the speed can achieve gigabit (in theory), it is not necessarily the previously wireless router with N technology wireless abandoned immediately. If there is no demand for high-speed why should replace the old products that can meet our needs?
Here is the top 5 wireless router in the market that is in great demand and not merely the best products that are claimed by the manufacturer.
1. TP-link WR-841N
One of the N300 wireless routers which the most economical is WR841N TP-link. This wifi router is economical, enough to house standard with Cable Internet service. The model of the router includes new packaging than the previously series of TP-link router that packed with just a square box. It also has good customer rating which is 4.2 with a 5-star scale between 7800 reviewers.
– Standards-based wireless N300
– 4x Fast Ethernet LAN ports and 1xWAN
– MIMO antenna with CCA technology to avoid channel conflict
– QoS for VoIP applications
– No USB
– Single band do not support guest network
This is a cheap and popular wireless router, it is enough to serve Smartphone and laptop, but not for the heavy-weights such as online games and video streaming because it will be long. You can use it to do that, but if there is a lot of people who use it, it surely will be slow especially if the internet bandwidth is narrow.
If you want a stronger one, then I suggest you choose a high-power version which is the TP-link WR841HP, it is a little bit more expensive but has a strong signal with the antenna high. This is one of the best high power wifi routers in a home-class.
2. Asus RT-AC66U
For loyalists of Asus products, the emergence of wireless router products in the market can say shocking especially with the demand of the Asus product and welcome in the market and also received a good rating. Now Asus released variety kind of the best wireless routers on the market today. A lot of Asus models that become a best seller.
Continue the previous products which also get a good response from customers, namely RT-N56U N600, Asus RT-AC66U now also become one of the top 10 best wireless routers in America. Early emergence of this AC66U even get a bad firmware constraint, then the next firmware update brings this router becomes so much favoured with a good rating 4.1 with a 5-star scale.
– Carried with wifi technology 5G dual-band wireless AC
– Speed up to 1700Mbps total (1300Mbps on 5GHz and 450GHz to 2.4GHz)
– Three solid external antenna with AiRadar for far range
– 4x Gigabit LAN ports and 1x Gigabit WAN port
– 2x USB 2.0 ports for printer and storage
– Support DLNA compliant media server
– VPN support
3. TP-link Archer C7
One of the flagship products from TP-link-based technology 5th generation wifi (5G wifi) is Archer C7 which can provide up to 1750 Mbps total bandwidth same class with other products such as Linksys or Netgear EA6500 C6300 or Asus RT-AC66U. Archer C7 is one of best in it class of wifi router products and a best seller in addition to Archer C9.
– Simultaneous dual band with a total bandwidth of up to 1750Mbps
– Reinforced with 3x 5dBi external antenna and an internal antenna 3 with Omni-directional broadcast, highly reliable and powerful signal
– Two USB ports allow you sharing printers and storage as well. You can make the FTP server to access the disk that’s connected to the USB port.
– Supports the guest network for your security if a guest want to use connection
– IP address-based bandwidth control.
– WPA encryption with the WPS button which facilitates connection to the network
4. Netgear R7000 Nighthawk
One of wireless router-based fifth generation wifi (5G wifi) which is very popular in the market is the Netgear R7000 Nighthawk. This router-based AC1900 wireless provides a total bandwidth of 1300Mbps + 600Mbps, ideal for homes that are spacious and have a good mix wifi device that works on the 2.4GHz band and the 5GHz band.
– Based simultaneous dual-band wireless AC1900
– WiFi Transmitters / Receivers (Tx / Rx) 3 × 3 (2.4GHz) + 3 × 3 (5GHz)
– Technology antenna beamforming
– Equipped with high technology power radio amplifiers
– 1GHz dual-core processor with 128MB of flash memory and 256MB of RAM
– Priority bandwidth for streaming video and gaming
– Gigabit ports and 1x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0 for printers and disk storage
– Support for Time Machine for Mac
5. Linksys WRT 1900AC
Linksys WRT 1900AC is the successor of the legend model Linksys WRT54G which highly reliable and this is in great demand for the developer of OpenSource based OpenWRT Linux-based firmware.
– Based wireless AC1900
– Dual band simultaneously deliver bandwidth up to 600Mbps (2.4GHz band) and up to 1300Mbps (5GHz band)
– Installed four external antennas
– Equipped with a dual-core processor for heavy work though
– It is based on open source Linux
– 4x Gigabit Ethernet LAN and 1x Gigabit WAN
– 1x USB 3.0 and 1x super fast USB 2.0
– High-security system
– For you who have hobby developing on Linux, this was your wireless router Linux-based firmware of the legendary Linksys WRT series.